On Sunday, October 25th from 1-5pm, you are invited to the Paths to Pier 42 Fall Waterfront Celebration. This is the last public event at the Pier 42 pop-up park before construction begins on the permanent park. Come celebrate fall and the closing of this chapter – an important step towards the creation of more permanent, accessible, green space for the Lower East Side. Follow the links to read more about the history and future of Pier 42 and the East River Waterfront, and we hope to see you on October 25th!
- Experience installations by 2015 design teams Leroy Street Studio and Combo Colab
- Get your copy of the Fish Stories Community Cookbook, featuring recipes from Lower East Siders, developed by artists Meredith Drum and Rachel Stevens
- Download and take the Pier Ambassadors audio walking tour, developed by artist Stephanie Diamond and six local teens.
- With the Waterfront Alliance: Learn about the fish in our local rivers, free public kayaking in New York City, our rich harbor heritage, and the organization’s core programs and events. Get your free copies of our children’s environmental coloring books; participate in a white board activity and tell the world what you would like to see developed on the pier and our waterfronts; and find out more about how you can get involved in your waterfront!
- Learn about the East Side Coastal Resiliency Project – a HUD-funded portion of the “Big U”
- Play Know Your Rights Bingo with GOLES to learn about your rights as a tenant!
- Enjoy performances and join a creative exploration of the waterfront!
- Make your own kite and join a kite-flying contest with Two Bridges Neighborhood Council & the Museum of Chinese in America!
- Create monotype screen prints about the East River with Hester Street Collaborative!