Thank you to everyone who was a part of the Paths to Pier 42 Fall Waterfront Celebration! Whether you helped organize the event or build the site, participated in an artist project, flew a kite, made a print, told a friend or neighbor, or just happened to walk by, you helped to activate this formerly underutilized pier and create a new community space on the waterfront.
Activities at the Fall Waterfront Celebration included:
- Kite making and a kite flying contest with Two Bridges Neighborhood Council;
- Mono-type screen printing with Hester Street Collaborative,
- Know-Your-Rights Bingo with Good Old Lower East Side,
- Opportunities to learn about and get involved in waterfront resiliency efforts with the Waterfront Alliance and East Side Coastal Resiliency Project and,
- A creative exploration of the waterfront with iLab East River
This was the last public event at Pier 42 of the year, but the park will be open through the end of November. Please stop by and enjoy the sun, breeze, and installations by the 2015 art and design teams!
and for more photos, visit the Paths to Pier 42 Flickr page