Sandyween at Pier 42
Saturday, October 29th
Join us on the 4th anniversary of Hurricane Sandy to celebrate our resilient Lower East Side & Halloween! For the last public event of 2016, Paths to Pier 42 is partnering with LES Ready, a coalition of community groups and institutions formed in response to Hurricane Sandy to cooperatively coordinate our response, resources, preparedness planning and training in the event of future disasters.
We will have activities for all ages to enjoy Halloween fun on the waterfront, all while learning how to better prepare our community for future disasters. With Paths to Pier 42 programming ending this fall, we will also be reflecting upon the closing of this chapter – an important step towards the creation of more permanent, accessible, green space for the Lower East Side. Follow the links to read more about the history and future of Pier 42, and we hope to see you on October 29th! Costumes strongly encouraged
- Face painting, magic show and goodie bags for kids
- Halloween costume contest – kids & pets too!
- Dance contest – can you do the Monster Mash?
- Learn about Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency on the L.E.S.
- Join a walking tour to learn about the City’s Lower Manhattan Coastal Resiliency Project and coastal flood protection in your neighborhood
- Inspire others to be healthy by participating in the #2BHealthy Community Motivation Board
- Music, raffle and more!
FREE! All are welcome