Join us for another summer of events at Pier 42! Because of construction delay, the Paths to Pier 42 partners will continue programming at the temporary park throughout summer 2017. The first event will be on July 15th.
City of Water Day at Pier 42
Saturday, July 15th from 2:00-6:00pm
Celebrate City of Water Day with an afternoon of free, family-friendly art, ecology and science activities and a new art installation by Combo Colab on Pier 42!
- Facepainting: An artist will have water themed art available to paint on faces in celebration of City of Water Day
- Stay Cool Jeopardy : Play “Stay Cool Jeopardy” with GOLES and learn tips on how to stay cool throughout the summer
- Dive into East River ecology and learn to fish with Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Compete in the H2Olympics and investigate the properties of water with Two Bridges Neighborhood Council
- Take a test ride and find out how to use Citi Bike
- Learn about neighborhood flood protection with East Side Coastal Resiliency project
City of Water Day is a free day-long celebration of the world-class potential of the water that surrounds us and brings us together. Held on Governors Island and dozens of In Your Neighborhood locations throughout the five boroughs, Yonkers, and New Jersey, the event draws thousands of people from all over the metropolitan region to participate in unique, fun, and educational waterfront activities organized by the Waterfront Alliance and its more than 950 Alliance Partners.